- New UU Forward Together Board Member January 5, 2019 Please join us in welcoming Rev. Sadie Lansdale as the newest member of UU Forward Together’s Board of Directors.
Rev. Lansdale graduated from Tufts University with a B.A. in English and Women’s Studies, earned her Master of Divinity from Union Theological Seminary in 2017, and serves as the minister of the UU Church of Greensboro. She’s ...
- 2018 UU Forward Together Donor Report January 5, 2019
Supporters ($10 – $99)
Sustainers ($100 – $499)
Partners ($500 – $999)
Dreamers ($1000 – $2499)
Subtotal Individual Donors
Subtotal Congregational Donors
Total All Donors
- Voter ID Update (November 28) November 29, 2018 Legislation (S 825) to implement the new voter-approved constitutional amendment requiring voters to show photo identification when voting in person passed the state Senate today (November 28) by a vote of 30 in favor and 10 against. Senate Republicans made a few changes to the bill that were proposed by Democrats. Twenty-eight Republican Senators voted ...
- Tell Congress: Don’t Fund Unjust and Inhumane Immigration Policies November 29, 2018 The Trump administration continues its immoral misuse of executive authority, advancing hateful policies that leave immigrant communities vulnerable to deportation and asylum-seekers fleeing violence with little refuge.
Congress has the power to halt the expansion of the president’s anti-immigrant agenda by denying increased funding for immigration enforcement.
Right now, Congress is actively debating funding that, if approved, will ...
- Say “No” to New Restrictive Voter ID Laws November 21, 2018 The North Carolina General Assembly is returning to Raleigh on November 27th for a special “lame duck” session to enact legislation implementing the Voter ID constitutional amendment that (despite any evidence that voter impersonation is a real problem in North Carolina elections) was approved during the November 2018 general election.
Previous Voter ID laws passed by ...
- Call On Congress to Reject White Nationalism November 17, 2018
On Election Day, just weeks after hate crimes in Kentucky and Pittsburgh rocked the nation, the majority of American people voted to change the direction of this country, away from the hate and bigotry that have overtaken our nation as the threat of white nationalism has grown.
Today, we’re joining our friends at Bend the Arc: ...
- Giving Tuesday: Give for Good! November 12, 2018
Giving Tuesday (November 27, 2018) is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following the Thanksgiving holiday (after the post-Thanksgiving shopping frenzy on “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday”), Giving Tuesday kicks off the charitable season when many people focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving ...
- Hurricane & Flood Recovery @ Shelter Neck November 12, 2018 Thanks to an amazing crew of UU volunteers from Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Kinston, and Greensboro worked all day on Saturday, November 10, 2018 at the Shelter Neck UU Camp in Pender County to tear out the bathrooms in the Williams building, the wash area linoleum, throw out mattresses and furniture, and create a locked door ...
- Forward Together Newsletter October 2018 October 30, 2018 September 26, 2018
Hundreds of thousands of people in eastern North Carolina were impacted by the winds and storm surge of Hurricane Florence all along the coast from Ocracoke to Sunset Beach and then by flooding along North Carolina’s rivers in Greenville, New Bern, Fayetteville, and Wilmington. Tens of thousands were forced to flee their ...
- Forward Together Newsletter July 2018 October 30, 2018 July 1, 2018
There is this old New Yorker Magazine cartoon that is a play on what I guess is a soothsayer in humble robes carrying a sign, “The End is Near”. The soothsayer’s sign in the cartoon reads, “This Will Go On and On”. It’s not funny anymore, given our current national and state ...