UUJMNC Needs You!!!
Have some time? Have some passion? Have a skill to share? Want to connect with other Unitarian Universalists while also working for justice?
UUJMNC wants (and needs) YOU!!!
The work of UUJMNC can’t be done by only one person, by UUJMN’s president, director, or board, or by a few dedicated volunteers. Instead, our work and our success depends on many hard-working, dedicated volunteers like you!
Some volunteer opportunities take only an hour or two each week or a few hours every month or so. Some require more time and involve ongoing tasks or special skills, training, or experience. But all of them offer the opportunity to help shape UUJMNC and to help UUJMNC “give life the shape of justice.”
Check out the volunteer opportunities below and stay tuned via UUJMNC’s website, newsletter, and Facebook page for other volunteer opportunities.
If you’re interested in volunteering your time and skills to help UUJMNC “give life the shape of justice,” please complete UUJMNC’s on-line Skills Survey and Volunteer Sign Up Form or email UUJMNC if you have questions, need more information, or want to volunteer in some other capacity (please include your name, congregational affiliation, contact information, the volunteer position or role you’re interested in, why you’d like to volunteer for that position, and any experience or skills relevant to the position).
UUJMNC’s current volunteer opportunities include:
- Webmaster. Manage, maintain, and update UUJMNC’s website at least twice weekly, two hours per week. Requires experience and training in website development and familiarity with WordPress and the UUA WordPress theme.
- Communications and Social Media Coordinator. Manage and maintain UUJMNC’s Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts and post new content at least twice weekly. Edit and send UUJMNC’s “Forward Together” monthly email newsletter. Six to eight hours per month.
- Media Relations Coordinator. Work with UUJMNC’s President and Executive Director to help UUJMNC and UU congregations in NC effectively share our message via newspapers, radio, and television.
- Photographers & Videographers. Take photos and videos at UUJMNC events, congregational social justice activities, protests and rallies to share via UUJMNC’s web site, YouTube, etc.
- Fundraising Consultants. Work with UUJMNC’s Board of Directors, President, and Executive Director to create a reliable stream of funding from individuals and congregations to support UUJMNC.
- UUJMNC Congregational Liaisons.
- Justice Action Team Organizers, Leaders, and Members.
- HKonJ Planning Team. Work with UUJMNC’s President and Executive Director to help plan and coordinate the participation of North Carolina Unitarian Universalists in the annual HKonJ Moral March in Raleigh (February 10, 2018).
- UUJMNC Annual Meeting Planning Team. Work with UUJMNC’s Board of Directors, President, and Executive Director to plan UUJMNC’s first annual “Forward Together” annual meeting (fall of 2018).
- “Justice on Jones Street” Legislative Advocacy Day Planning Team. Work with UUJMNC’s President and Executive Director to plan UUJMNC’s first annual legislative advocacy day at the NC General Assembly in Raleigh (tentatively scheduled for May 22, 2018).
- On-Line Social Justice Covenant Group Leaders.
- On-Line “Common Read” Discussion Group Leaders.